The entire healthcare landscape will change in 2019. Or at least that's what everybody keeps telling us.
To survive 2019 you'll have to adapt. Because the trends of 2018 - the looming threat of mergers, the push to adopt more efficient systems, and the requirement for human interaction - aren't slowing down anytime soon.
Here's some advice that'll get you started on the right track for 2019:
- First and foremost, take your patients (your customers) into account. A patient-centered supply chain should be your top priority.
- Make changes that help you prepare for your hospital merging. (Or to stand up against all the ones that are.)
- One of the easiest things you can do is root out that pesky savings-killer: the Physician Preference Item.
- What's one of the best ways to make sure that your team is implementing these savings strategies? Actually communicating with everyone.
- And rest assured that you're in a good spot to make effective change. The CEOs of tomorrow are coming from the supply chains of today.
That's it for this week. If you can't wait for our next piece - because in 2019 we're gonna cover such fun topics as big data, crime, and, well, 2018 - check out our Five Best Healthcare Articles of 2018.
PLEASE comment below, email us, etc. Tell us what you liked. What was helpful. What you’d like to see more of.
Headline photo by Z5.